EMIL AND GRACE SHIHADEH INNOVATION CENTER
As an associate architect to VMDO Architects, Reader & Swartz collaborated on the design of the new technology center for project-based learning in the Winchester Public Schools’ system. The facility houses health care studies, STEM education (science, technology, engineering, math), and building technology courses in a hands-on learning setting. The project entailed major renovations to the former John Kerr Elementary School, originally constructed in 1972.
- Project Architect: VMDO Architects, Charlottesville, VA
- Associate Architect: Reader & Swartz Architects, PC, Winchester, VA
- Owner: Winchester Public Schools, Winchester, VA
- General Contractor: Howard Shockey & Sons, Inc., Winchester, VA
- Photographer: Lincoln Barbour Studio, Charlottesville, VA